Submit imagery that best captures the uniqueness and beauty of Georgia’s Rome.
- All entries will be considered, however preference will be given to color photographs captured in high resolution.
- Photographers are encouraged to submit entries that share a sense of place.
- A photo with a sense of place captures the beautiful qualities and characteristics of our town that make Rome and Floyd County unique.
PHOTO FILE FORMATS
Photo: JPEG or PNG files, High resolution photos at 300dpi
Mobile Photos: JPEG files, Submit in the highest resolution possible
Maximum file size for online submissions: Online entry file size max is 1 MB per file through the online submission form.
To submit a larger file, use the DropBox link option in the online entry form.
You may also submit entries via mail or in-person.
There are no limits on entries.
- Anyone is eligible to enter; however, photos must be taken in Rome and Floyd County within the last two years.
- Preference is given to color photographs.
- All work submitted must be original.
- Each photo must be submitted with the signed entry and release form.
- All submitted photos may be used in various media formats for an unlimited amount of time and at no cost to Georgia’s Rome.
- Entrants must have permission from identifiable person/persons used in photographs.
- Contest entrants agree to all the rules and regulations set forth and by the decisions made by Georgia’s Rome Office of Tourism.
- You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish content you submit.
- Submissions adhere to Facebook, Instagram & YouTube content policies.
- There are no limits on entries, photographers may submit several entries.
- Artists selected to exhibit their work are responsible to print, frame and deliver photos for entry into the exhibition. Georgia’s Rome Office of Tourism has the right to refuse works that are not suitable and ready for hanging and presentation.
- This is a family-friendly photography contest. Inappropriate photos will not be considered.
- The Georgia’s Rome Office of Tourism reserves the right to change the rules at any time.
- Entries must be submitted by May 7, 2023 at midnight.
2 WAYS TO ENTER
- Enter Online: Submit and upload photos online (The online form also allows you to provide a Dropbox link to submit your entries). Enter Now
- Enter via Mail or In-person: Download an entry form or pick up forms at the Georgia’s Rome Welcome Center and Gift Shop. Deliver a flash drive with completed entry form to Georgia’s Rome Welcome Center and Gift Shop, Attn: Photo Exhibition, 402 Civic Center Drive, Rome, GA 30161. Electronic photos that require special programs to download photo files will not be accepted. Do not provide files on a CD or DVD.
- Entry to the Georgia’s Rome Photo Contest is free.
- March 21 – May 7 midnight: Submit photo entries
- May 10 – 13: Photo entries are posted on Georgia’s Rome Facebook for People’s Choice voting during National Travel and Tourism Week
- Friday, May 19: Artists whose works are selected for the exhibition will be notified by email and/or phone
- Monday, May 22: Artists whose works are selected for the exhibition will be announced publicly
- Wednesday, July 12: Deadline for selected artists to deliver works for exhibition (art must be framed and ready for hanging or presentation); deliver works to the Georgia’s Rome Office of Tourism
- Saturday, July 15: 11 am, Opening Awards Reception; public invited to opening reception and awards at the Rome Area History Center
- Saturday, August 19: Last day of show
- Tuesday, August 22: Photographers pick-up works at the Rome Area History Center
Submission Guidelines l Call For Entries l Enter Now