Georgia’s Rome Bingo
Grab your tennis shoes and head outdoors to complete our Georgia’s Rome Bingo Card! Get some fresh air, complete each task, and make sure to practice safe social distancing! More information about each task is below! Want to take this Bingo card with you?! Print it here: Georgia’s Rome Bingo!
Bingo Card Tasks
- Walk or bike on one of our trails
Georgia’s Rome has a great variety of trails to pick and choose from!
- Download the free app and tour Myrtle Hill Cemetery
The FREE tour of Myrtle Hill will take you on a journey to discover Rome’s rich heritage through text, audio, video and historical photos as you are guided by GPS through the cemetery. To download the app, search “Myrtle Hill” in the Apple App Store or Google Play!
- Order take-out from a local restaurant
All restaurants are now offering curbside, take out, or delivery just for you! Satisfy those cravings while helping a local business. Click on the heading to see a listing of updated businesses and their services.
- Find peace at the Labyrinth located on Jackson Hill
Did you know that walking the labyrinth is a form of meditation: sacred breath, sacred step? Head on down there and find some inner peace!
- Complete 1 of 3 Georgia’s Rome Scavenger Hunts
Are you up for the challenge? Learn fun facts about Rome’s history while exploring the town. Each hunt takes approximately 35-40 mins.
- Visit a site on the Historic Markers Trail
Rome’s historical markers help document our history and give you insights into our culturally rich heritage. Rome is full of stories from our early Native American beginnings, to our Civil War history and more!
- Take the Myrtle Hill Cemetery Tree Tour
Discover over 35 different species of trees in this self-guided tree tour of Rome’s Historic Myrtle Hill Cemetery. Many trees are rare and not native to the Northwest Georgia Area. Interactive and printable maps are available.
- #ShopLocal! Support a small business!
Many small businesses are currently offering Facebook live videos, FaceTiming sessions, Online ordering and more! Also don’t forget..purchasing gift cards/certificates is a great option to spread the love or to save for a later use. They will appreciate your support!
- Visit a garden on the Rome Garden Trail
Georgia’s Rome is a bee city that currently has over 20 gardens! It also home to many beautiful gardens including several stops on the Rosalynn Carter Butterfly Trail. The trail was created by the former First Lady to increase habitat for Monarch butterflies. Interactive and printable maps are available.
Other ways to have fun and be outdoors
- Play tennis at the Rome Tennis Center at Berry College. The center is open for doubles and singles play. (All programs are cancelled). Here are their revised hours of operation: (Normal court fees apply) Monday-Friday: 8:00 am – 7:30 pm, Saturday: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, Sunday: 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
- Play golf at Stonebridge Golf Club. They are currently open with normal business hours. Tee times can be booked online. Their new “Launchbox” offers three (3) bays that are spaced out to provide social distancing for their guests. Etowah Driving Range is open as well.
- Get up and go fishing! Get some fishing gears (don’t forget your fishing license) and head out to the rivers and streams! Make sure to be within 6 ft of anyone else is fishing in the same location.
- Interested in the world’s largest scavenger hunt? Try GeoCaching! There are 395 geocaches in Rome.
- Do some gardening! Get ready for spring and do some planting. It can be to a small plant in your house to a big garden bed in your yard. Local stores such as Lavender Mountain Hardware is open and ready to help you get started!