Giving Angels Art Exhibition
Nov 17, 2022 – Jan 7, 2023
Location: Rome Area History Center, Open Tue-Sat, 10am – 5pm, Free admission
About the Show
Giving Angels is an exhibition of angel themed artwork created by local artist. Proceeds from art sales benefit local non-profits including Community Kitchen, PAWS, Salvation Army, Mercy Care Rome, or the Artist’s Choice of Charity. The non-profit, Rome Area History Center also receives a portion of sales.
Show Entry Information
The Georgia’s Rome Office of Tourism announces a call for entries for the inaugural Giving Angels Art Exhibition to be held at the Rome Area History Center from November 9, 2022 to January 7, 2023. Artists of all ages are encouraged to submit angel artwork creations. All mediums are permitted including paintings, drawings, sculptures, pottery, photography, crochet, knits, quilts, beaded art, and mixed media. There will also be a Christmas tree in the exhibition space for a display of angel ornament artwork.
Artists may submit up to 3 entries to be considered for the show. Artwork presented in the exhibition will be selected by a panel of judges. Preference will be given to entries that display beautiful craftsmanship and unique use of material.
All works selected for the exhibition must be offered for sale and will be on temporary consignment. The proceeds, less the 20% consignment fee, will go to the artist. The artist has the option to designate proceeds to a charity to include: Community Kitchen, PAWS, Salvation Army, Mercy Care Rome, or the Artist’s Choice of Charity. The non-profit, Rome Area History Center, will receive the 20% consignment fee. The artist must designate a charity at the time of submission.
Submission Deadline: Monday, October 24, 2022
Submission & Guidelines
Medium: There are no restrictions on the material used, provided it can easily be displayed.
Size: No limit, may be as small as an ornament or as large as wall scale
Entries: Each artist may submit up to 3 distinct creations to be considered for the exhibition
EXHIBITION RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Entries must be submitted by Monday, October 24, 2022
- Entrants agree to all the rules and regulations set forth and by the decisions made by Georgia’s Rome Office of Tourism.
- All work submitted must be an original hand-crafted item. Any medium is accepted. Up to 3 entries may be submitted.
- Use the online entry form to submit at least one photograph of each entry, along with the signed entry and release form. If the entry is 3 dimensional, an additional photograph may be submitted for judging.
- All selected artwork must be display ready. Any 2-dimentional works must be ready for presentation to include matted and framed, or on wrapped canvas. The artist must also attach hanging brackets and hanging wire. For ornaments, the art must include hanging attachments suitable to hang on a tree. Georgia’s Rome Office of Tourism has the right to refuse works that are not suitable and ready for hanging and presentation.
- Images of all submitted entries may be used in various social media formats for an unlimited amount of time and at no cost to Georgia’s Rome.
- Anyone is eligible to enter; the exhibition is open to all ages.
- As a juried exhibition, artwork for the exhibition will be selected by a panel of “jurors” or judges.
- This is a family-friendly art exhibition. Inappropriate artwork will not be considered.
- Entries must be offered for sale and will be on temporary consignment. The proceeds, less the 20% consignment fee, will go to artist. The artist has the option to give the proceeds to one of the following charities: Community Kitchen, PAWS, Salvation Army, Mercy Care Rome, or Artist’s Choice of Charity. The artist also has the option to keep the proceeds. Designation of the proceeds must be selected at time of submission.
- Purchased artwork will be marked as sold, but must remain on display for the entire dates of the exhibition. Proceeds will be distributed when the exhibition closes. Artwork must be picked up at the Rome Area History Center on or after Tuesday, January 10, 2023.
- Aug 25 – Oct 24: Accepting art exhibition submissions
- Oct 25: Artists whose works are selected for the exhibition will be notified by email and/or phone
- Nov 5 & 7: Artists whose work has been selected for the exhibition will deliver works. Art must be framed and ready for hanging or presentation. Brackets and hanging wire must be attached to 2-dimentional pieces. Deliver works to the Rome Area History Center located at 305 Broad St, Rome, GA 30161.
- Nov 17 – Jan 7: Giving Angels Exhibition is open to the public
- Jan 10-13: Artwork that has not been sold must be picked-up at the Rome Area History Center.