Georgia’s Rome Mobile Apps
Explore Georgia’s Rome App
Download the free app to explore Rome through a series of fun challenges. Each challenge contains clues to questions you’ll answer as you are guided through the streets of Downtown Rome. Fun dares and photo opps help you discover what only the locals know. Some tours lead you through the streets of town while others challenge you to explore Rome’s trails and rivers.
Tour challenges – Exploring Rome is an adventure! Complete challenges to unlock new ones.
Local places – Interactive map locates restaurants, attractions, stores, outdoor adventures and lodging around your current location.
Local Events – Searchable calendar helps you discover hundreds of events hosted in Rome each year.
Tour Challenge Descriptions
Downtown Rome – Start with this tour and unlock a hidden challenge when you explore Downtown Rome.
Explore Outdoors – Discover Rome’s trails and rivers to find history and adventure.
Historic Worship Centers – Follow Rome’s historic past from its founding to its post-war reconstruction.
Download App Now!
You’ll soon feel like a local after you’ve completed a Georgia’s Rome challenge!
New challenges will be added soon so you can experience something new every time you visit Rome!
Historic Myrtle Hill Cemetery
Rome’s Historic Myrtle Hill Cemetery is home to more than 20,000 Romans since 1857. Located on one of Rome’s seven hills and sitting above the confluence of the Etowah, Oostanaula and Coosa Rivers. The cemetery provides dramatic and beautiful views of Rome while telling the stories of the pioneers and heroes of this community. Discover Rome’s rich heritage through text, audio, video and historical photos as you are guided by GPS through the cemetery.
Featured Sites on the Myrtle Hill App Tour
- Ellen Axson Wilson, First Lady of the United States
- Over 300 Civil War Soldiers
- The Story of John Wisdom, Paul Revere of the South
- Veterans Plaza – Dedicated to the Veterans of America
- America’s Known Solider of WWI
- Founders of Rome
- The Family of Martha Berry, founder of Berry College
- Alfred Shorter, namesake of Shorter College
- “The Lady who Saved Football in Georgia”
- Two young boys killed in the Winecoff Hotel fire of Atlanta in 1946
- “Human Bunny”
- + Over 50 additional sites!