Myrtle Hill Cemetery Mobile App Tour
FREE for all iPhones, iPads and Android Smartphones!
Rome’s Historic Myrtle Hill Cemetery has become the permanent home of more than 20,000 Romans since 1857. Myrtle Hill Cemetery is located on one of Rome’s seven hills and sits above the confluence of the Etowah, Oostanaula and Coosa Rivers. Situated on six terraces out of reach of flooding, the cemetery provides dramatic and beautiful views of Rome while also telling the stories of the pioneers and heroes of this community.
The Mobile App Tour is changing the way you can experience this beautiful cemetery. The FREE tour of Myrtle Hill will take you on a journey to discover Rome’s rich heritage through text, audio, video and historical photos as you are guided by GPS through the cemetery.
- Ellen Axson Wilson, First Lady of the United States
- Over 300 Civil War Soldiers
- The Story of John Wisdom, Paul Revere of the South
- Veterans Plaza – Dedicated to the Veterans of America
- America’s Known Solider of WWI
- Founders of Rome
- The Family of Martha Berry, founder of Berry College
- Alfred Shorter, namesake of Shorter College
- “The Lady who Saved Football in Georgia”
- Two young boys killed in the Winecoff Hotel fire of Atlanta in 1946
- “Human Bunny”
- + Over 50 additional sites!