Position – CONTRACT SALES COORDINATOR
GREATER ROME CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU
Employee is a sales coordinator for the Rome Convention and Visitors Bureau. He/she is directly responsible for all facets of sales and service to all meetings and group events obtained by the Bureau. The employee is also responsible for planning and executing Rome’s participation in related trade shows, marketing to outside business contacts, and work with marketing team to conceptualize collateral for sales purposes. This position is responsible for making sales calls to companies, sports tournament directors/contractors, group tour leaders and meeting planners to garner meeting, group, reunion business and new sports business to Rome and Floyd County. Other duties will be coordinating with staff on special events and familiarization tours for the purpose of promoting tourism in the area. The employee offers staff support wherever and whenever required by the Executive Director. The employee reports directly to the Executive Director.
Example of Duties
- Coordinates community efforts for recruitment of conferences/meetings/expos/group/sporting/events working with the Forum, other facilities and hotels/motels.
- Coordinates special events and details from awarded sales bids.
- Assist marketing team to conceptualize effective materials to be used as marketing tools to attract meeting professionals to Rome/Floyd County.
- Prepare formal bids and bid response for all qualifying leads.
- Travels to bid on major conventions and tournaments and to participate in trade and consumer shows.
- Solicits business through direct mail, phone calls, e-mail and personal appointments.
- Coordinates familiarization tours.
- Explores opportunities for trade show participation.
- Makes presentations to professional and service clubs to encourage the organization to hold their statewide meeting in Rome.
- Solicit membership in to the Hospitality Association of Rome/Floyd County.
- Presents bid package to meeting planners, including hotel rates, appropriate facilities and services available.
- Generate individual leads for all aspects of group/meeting/sports travel.
- Communicate with all hotel properties on a regular basis to assist with coordination of overflow hotel room needs and upcoming events.
- Contacts hotels for availability, room blocks and rates.
- Works with conventions, meetings to coordinate/service all aspects of their meeting.
- Develop follow up evaluation for business.
- Develop follow up service to past business, securing future meetings or leads
- Assists all members of the Convention and Visitors Bureau staff and volunteers as it relates to any and all aspects of tourism and public image of Rome and Floyd County.
- Maintains a positive, enthusiastic image of Rome and Floyd County and the Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- All other duties as assigned.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills ability to meet strangers and create positive repoire.
- Considerable knowledge of our community.
- Ability to coordinate and execute direct sales.
- Has moderate computer skills, is methodical and has organizational skills.
- Skills in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Has outgoing personality and ability to make all types of clients comfortable.
- Displays willingness to seek information from a multitude of sources.
- Leadership skills.
- Multi task ability
- Poised, diplomatic and tactful.
- Articulate in both written and verbal communications.
- Neat, tasteful, professional appearance.
- No visible tattoos or piercings
- Possession and maintenance of a valid Class I Motor Vehicle license, and a vehicle for local travel. Cost of travel will be reimbursed at a rate adopted by the Rome City Commission.
- Willingness to be available for evening and weekend work and out-of-town travel when the activities of the Bureau necessitate.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university, or five years experience in related field.
- Degrees in management, marketing, and or public relations, preferable
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume by January 12, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org