Find Your New Work Family!
Under general supervision, shares duties in the retail environment at the Georgia’s Rome Welcome Centers and Gift Shops. Acts as the ambassador in all aspects of the Tourism Office and Welcome Centers. Maintains all areas of operation at the Main Welcome Center, as well as the Downtown Welcome Center. Greets customers in a prompt and enthusiastic manner, escorting them to the appropriate area and answering their questions. Answers the telephone, exhibiting appropriate phone etiquette. Assures Gift Shop and Welcome Center are neat and clean in appearance on a daily basis.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; experience in sales and cash handling
- Willingness to be available for evening and weekend work when the activities of the Gift Shop and Welcome Center and/or special events or functions necessitate.
- Must have outgoing personality with an ability to make others feel comfortable.
- Must be poised, diplomatic and tactful and present a neat, tasteful appearance.
- Knowledge of Rome and Floyd County history, government and recreational facilities helpful.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residency.
- MINIMUM HOURLY RATE: $10.00