Located between Park Avenue and Old Rockmart Rd, Lindale, GA 30161
Attention all train watchers! Lindale is such a popular location for train viewing and we’re excited the new Train Viewing Platform for Rail Fans is now open! The covered platform features a radio scanner and provides the perfect spot for viewing and taking photos of trains!
Tag your photos #LindaleRailFan to share the fun!
Here are some fun facts about the Lindale Viewing Platform:
- Hosts the Norfolk Southern Georgia Division mainline from Atlanta to Chattanooga
- Handles main line duties out of Inman Yards in Atlanta and local switching duties through Forestville Yards in Rome, GA
- Both EMD and General Electric locomotives can be seen in both main lines and switching duties.
- Line features mixed freight, containerized freight, and unit trains.
- Double mainline in sections of the main between Atlanta and Chattanooga with numerous sidings.
- Scanner installed at the viewing platform.
- Located at the main rail crossing in downtown Lindale on the original Central of Georgia Railway depot location.