The Northwest Georgia Balloon & Aviation Festival returns June 28-29 for it’s 2nd year and promises to be even bigger and better – here is what we are excited about:
1. Star Wars themed hot air balloons! Come see Master Yoda and Darth Vader.
2. Tethered Balloon Rides: a fun and safe way to enjoy the thrill of a hot air balloon experience!
3. Crews at work: It is amazing to watch all the crews blast the burner flames into the balloons; it’s a fascinating process. You’ll be excited to see them go from flat to inflated to lift off from the ground!
4. Moon Glow: see the balloons light themselves from within like giant light bulbs . The line of balloons glowing on and off is simply breathtaking!
5. Helicopters & Airplanes: check-out historic aircraft from the Museum of Flight, watch fly ins, get a ride on a Huey or Cobra helicopter or a Bi-Plane!
What to know before you go: Parking is free, but you can purchase VIP Parking and seating. Bring blanket/chairs to watch the balloon glow. The balloon glow starts after 9 p.m., but you’ll want to arrive early to pick your favorite spot and to watch the crews at work setting up the balloons. (Balloon set-up can begin as early at 5 p.m. but it can easily be postponed due to wind and weather.) There are plenty of activities to enjoy on the festival grounds including a kids zone, craft and food vendors, rides and aviation activities. Get all the event details and purchase tickets now.