Rome Lantern Parade – Downtown Saturday
Saturday, May 5, 7:30 PM
Parade along Rome’s river trails at the inaugural Rome Lantern Parade
Bring your homemade lantern or purchase one at the Downtown Saturday Block Party on Saturday, May 5, 2018. It’s free to participate in the parade, but a lantern is required for entry. Enjoy a glowing procession of light and art along Rome’s rivers and historic downtown. Remember that your lanterns must be lit with battery operated lights; glass lanterns and fire lit lanterns are not permitted.
BE CREATIVE – MAKE A LANTERN
Prizes will be awarded: Most Creative, Largest Lantern, Best Group Entry, Best Rome Themed
Who can enter? Artists, Students, Individuals, Groups/Organizations, Businesses More details
NEED HELP MAKING YOUR LANTERN?
Register for a family-friendly lantern making workshop:
Swerve: Off the Path: Sat, April 21, 11 a.m. Visit the studio to make your lantern.
Makervillage: Thu, April 26, 6 p.m. Register now
ECO Center: Tue, March 27, 4 p.m. (Spring Break Week)
AR Workshop: Sat, April 14, 11 a.m.
Farrell’s Frame & Design: Sat, April 21, 2 p.m. Workshop is full, registration is closed.
DOWNTOWN SATURDAY – LANTERN PARADE SCHEDULE
Join us Saturday, May 5 for a full day of free, family fun! Here is the schedule:
– Downtown Saturday Art Block Party Kicks Off
– Sidewalk Art Chalk Competition Begins Sponsored by Merry Maids
– Ellen Axson Wilson Art Walk Begins Sponsored by RACA
– Live Music Stage featuring Local Bands & Songwriters
– Rome International Festival
– Gather for Lantern Parade at Main Stage on Broad & E. 4th Ave.
– Lantern Contest Winners Announced (before parade starts)
Thank you to our Downtown Rome Businesses who make all Downtown Saturday events free!