Gotcha! April Fools!
Just in case you didn’t notice all the April Fools Day hints in our story, we’ve highlighted them below! You have to admit, our story was intriguing, but it was a little far fetched – including the photoshop image – haha!
- This is true! We had to make it believable first: One of the babies was stolen and was never recovered. The Rome Rotary Club and the International Rotary Club worked together to replace the stolen one.
- This is false: This Officials now claim that they have discovered the lost baby and plan to restore the statue to it’s original condition as soon as funds can be raised to cover the expense of the restoration work
Below is a list of hints included in the story to help give away the fact that is was an April Fools story:
- Tom Sims was a writer, not a US Coast Guard representative, he invented Popeye.
- Etruscan art historian, Sheila Wulph – She Wolf – get it?
- Last line of the article proclaims it will all be made official on April 1, 2016, April Fools Day.