Georgia’s Rome Photo & Video Exhibition – Submission Guidelines
PREFERED FILE FORMATS
Photo: JPEG or PNG files, High resolution photos at 300dpi
Video: MOV or mp4 files, Video length: 1 minute or less, Horizontal video orientation
Mobile Photos: JPEG files, Submit in the highest resolution possible
Maximum file size for online submissions: Online entry file size max is 1 MB per file over email. To submit a larger file, submit entry via mail or in-person. You can also include a DropBox link with photos inside in their original format.
There are no limits on entries.
- Photo of Video File Name: Rename all photo and video files to include the name of the entrant to be credited for the contest submission.
- For example, if Joe Smith submits photos, he would rename his photo submissions to include his name Joe Smith, such as: JoeSmith.jpg, JoeSmith2.jpg, JoeSmith_bridge.jpg, JoeSmith_fido.jpg – hopefully you get the idea.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Anyone is eligible to enter; however, photos and videos must be taken in Rome and Floyd County within the last two years.
- All work submitted must be original.
- Each photo and video must be submitted with the signed entry and release form.
- All submitted photos and videos may be used in various media formats for an unlimited amount of time and at no cost to Georgia’s Rome.
- Entrants must have permission from identifiable person/persons used in photographs.
- Contest entrants agree to all the rules and regulations set forth and by the decisions made by Georgia’s Rome.
- You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish content you submit.
- Submissions adhere to Facebook & YouTube content policies.
- Artists selected to exhibit their work are responsible to print, frame and deliver photos for entry into the exhibition. Georgia’s Rome has the right to refuse works that are not suitable and ready for hanging and presentation.
- This is a family-friendly photography contest. Inappropriate photos will not be considered.
- Entries must be submitted by April 8, 2018.
2 WAYS TO ENTER
- Enter Online: Submit and upload photos and videos online. Enter Now
- Enter via Mail or In-person (Ideal for large files): Entry forms are available at RomeGeorgia.org/Exhibit or at the Rome-Visitor Center. Deliver or mail CD(s) and/or DVD(s) with completed entry form to Rome-Floyd Visitor Center, Attn: Photo/Video Exhibition, 402 Civic Center Drive, Rome, GA 30161. CDs and DVDs that require special programs to download photo and video files from the disk may not be accepted.
- Feb. 20 – April 8: Submit photo & video entries
- Apr. 9 – 15: Photo & video entries are posted on Georgia’s Rome facebook & youtube pages for People’s Choice voting
- Wed. Apr. 11: Artists whose works are selected for the exhibition will be notified through email and/or phone
- Fri. May 4: Deadline for selected artists to deliver works for exhibition (art must be suitable and ready for hanging or presentation)
- Thurs. May 10: Artist works selected for the exhibition will be recognized at a public art reception at Farrell’s Frame & Design
- May 10 – May 24: Georgia’s Rome Photo & Video Exhibition at Farrell’s Frame & Design
- May 28 – June 1: Artists pick up works at the Georgia’s Rome Office of Tourism.
>> Back to Call for Entries